Weddings at Marlow House
Planning a wedding can feel like an overwhelming task. We know the time it takes to plan all the various parts to create a beautiful and memorable wedding so we have created our packages to include all the essentials in one easy price.
Marlow House can host weddings throughout the year. We have a lovely courtyard with a gazebo and fountain as well as a spacious indoor seating and dance area for your celebrations.
Wedding receptions can be scheduled during the week or weekend either in the morning, afternoon or evening.
Our floorplans are very flexible and can accommodate up to 150 guests. We have a grand ballroom where dining or dancing can take place, a parlor for a more private setting, a sitting area with fireplace and comfortable chairs, a piano room, dance floor, back patio with a covered area in case of weather and the front courtyard and wraparound veranda for a truly memorable setting.
Our package prices include the following:
- CATERING – Food service is prepared by the chef at Carriage House Catering and served by professional, uniformed staff. At the end of the event, the catering staff will prepare a nice to-go package of food for the couple. See our Sample Menus here.
- BAR SERVICE – Choose from either a basic bar service for beer, wine and Champagne or a full bar service for all drinks including mixed drinks.
- WEDDING CAKE – A traditional three tiered wedding cake of your choice and served by our professional catering staff.
- THE HOUSE – Use of the entire first floor, which includes the ballroom, parlor, front and rear porches, dance area and bar.
- AMENITIES – Use of the baby grand piano, tiered gift table, new sound system and use of our wedding suite on the second floor, two hours prior to your event.
- FLORAL – A $500 floral allowance is included for buffet and table arrangements.
- GUEST TABLES – Dinner tables, highboy cocktail tables (as needed), with beautiful chiavari chairs & a nice selection of table linens.
- EVENT SCHEDULE – All wedding events at Marlow House are 6.5 hours. Two hours to setup, four hours for the event and 1/2 hour to breakdown. Additional hours may be purchased during booking.
- ALCOHOL – Marlow House does not have an alcohol license, however you may provide your own alcohol. The caterer will supply insured, professional bartenders for all alcohol service. The caterer will also provide ice, mixers, glasses and napkins. Pricing will vary between a Full Bar and Beer, Wine and Champagne service.
The Marlow House is also available for your wedding ceremony. During the warmer months of the year, a ceremony can take place outside in our front veranda or wrap around porch. You can also choose to have your ceremony indoors in the grand ballroom. There is an additional ceremony fee added to your reception package. If you have a ceremony without a reception the fee is $750 for the ceremony and $500 per hour for the event space for up to 125 guests.
A ceremony includes the following:
- FLEXIBLE FLOORPLAN – Use of the main floor and outside areas for the ceremony
- HOUSE AMENITIES – Changing suite
- SERVICES – Wedding and rehearsal coordination services
- MUSIC – Ceremony music of your choice
- PREPARATION – Use of Marlow House for a 1 hour rehearsal the day before
Book your Wedding
To reserve Marlow House for your wedding, please fill out this form and one of our wedding planners will contact you to discuss your needs.
Guests may park at any one of the following locations during non business hours.
Little and Smith Insurance – directly next to Marlow House at 202 Church Street
Wellstar Doctors Office – directly behind Marlow house at 191 Cherokee Street
Cherokee Street Parking Garage – two blocks from Marlow house at 100 Cherokee Street
Church Street Parking – Parking is allowed on Church Street after 6 PM in marked parking spaces
Please make every effort not to park at the Mayes, Ward and Dobbins Funeral Home, at bank parking lots blocking the ATM’s or the First Presbyterian Church.
If you are the guest-of-honor, have an appointment with us or a delivery, you may park at Marlow House which can be accessed off Ardis Street. Marlow House is the blue and white house with a white fence at the corner of Church and Ardis streets – 192 Church Street.